OES Optimized Energy Storage, Inc. Has A Vision That...
…OES energy storage products and management systems do for the power industry what cell phones did for the communications industry:
Allow freedom of access whenever and wherever power is needed, regardless of transmission lines and the GRID.
As the perfect partner for renewable energy, OES technology facilitates collecting, storing and accessing an individual’s personal power supply – at home, in the workplace and on the go, creating a new found sense of liberation and less dependence on the grid.
OES Optimized Energy Storage Mission Is To...
- Mobilize people and electricity beyond the limits of the GRID through distributed and portable energy storage and management systems…
- Create the means for people to be their own clean renewable power generation site anytime, anywhere…
- Empower people to collect, store, transport and utilize their own renewable energy independent of or in conjunction with the grid…
- Potentiate a new model of power generation, distribution and utilization that is efficient, decentralized, community based and environmentally sustainable…
- Build through energy storage and management systems the means by which homes, businesses and communities can place decision making about the source, use and timing of electrical power in their own hands…
- Liberate individuals and communities from dependence on large centralized delivery systems that require inefficient and environmentally damaging extraction, generation and transmission of natural resources…
- Engender a sense of stewardship and accountability toward the land and our natural resources within the context of power generation, distribution and utilization…
OES Optimized Energy Storage Goals & Objectives Are To…
- Design, build and sell a portfolio of proprietary clean energy storage and management systems that enable Electricity on Demand: Anytime, Anywhere…
- Create unique, portable, scalable, intelligent, high density, energy efficient storage and management products that are unparalleled and surpass the performance levels of any other traditional energy storage chemistry and management system…
- Produce the means to eliminate the intermittency associated with renewable energy sources such as wind and solar so that individuals, businesses and communities have clean power even when the wind isn't blowing and the sun isn't shining…
- Provide energy security through positive partnerships between distributed PV generation sites (home-owner and business-owner rooftops) and the utility companies such that Distributed Energy Storage (DES) at the end-user point of entry to the GRID serves the best interests of the consumer and utility alike…
- Design and sell energy storage and management systems that literally empower the consumer by 1) seamlessly storing and integrating renewable energy in conjunction with or independent of the GRID; 2) providing back-up and emergency power during GRID-tied electrical 'fluctuations' and centralized blackouts; 3) reducing or eliminating energy costs (net zero & peak shaving) for the home and/or business owner; 4) storing excess renewable power for on-peak / off-peak use or re-sale; and 5) dramatically reducing overall consumer demand/load on the GRID, creating greater energy security across ratepayer schedules and points of entry to the GRID…
- Partner with utility companies to implement a decentralized, GRID-tied OES solution that eliminates the variation in voltage and the intermittency characteristic of renewable energy being fed back into the GRID so that 1) utilities can stop building expensive, inefficient reserves to compensate for these irregularities; 2) utilities can stop putting limits/caps on the number of GRID-tied solar and wind installations due to these irregularities; 3) utilities can meet, even surpass federal and state mandates for clean renewable energy being fed back into the GRID; and 4) utilities can integrate distributed renewable charging stations for electric vehicles without compromising or overloading the integrity and capacity of the antiquated GRID …
OES Optimized Energy Storage’s Strategy & Platform Technology…
OES Optimized Energy Storage's safe Lithium Ferrous Phosphate (LFP) battery chemistry and proprietary battery management technology is a clean, scalable, intelligent and high‐density energy storage and management system uniquely designed for all types of distributed power generation sources, including:
- Solar, wind, fuel based generator, biothermal, geothermal, hydrothermal, etc
- On‐grid and off‐grid portable, stationary and custom-use applications
- All forms of electricity generation and transmission on a local, decentralized basis
The key performance attributes of our proprietary energy storage and management products and systems are the non-toxic, environmentally friendly, modular scalability, portability, safety, robust temperature range and unparalleled long life:
- 3000 to 5000+ cycles: projected 7 to 20+ year life depending on application
- No ventilation or cooling requirements, no off gassing, non-toxic, non-corrosive
- Safe and reliable, no ongoing maintenance or trickle charging
- Thermal stability – no heat build-up
- Internal Intelligence - provides surge protection, self monitoring and balancing attributes
- Small footprint, modular, scalable – under 1/3 the weight & size of other battery chemistries
- Moisture and corrosion resistant
- Negligible self-discharge, does not loose capacity due to use (cycling) or non-use (storage scenarios) for emergency back-up, no 'memory' effect, 98% efficient,
- Recyclable, non‐hazardous, environmentally benign in its manufacture and disposal per US government
- RoHS compliant, UNDOT approved for travel
- Warranty: 10‐year or 2500 cycles
In 2002, Stu Lennox, the creator of the LibertyPak technology, formed a company the LibertyPak Company to design, produce and market portable energy storage devices, i.e. LibertyPak’s for the camera and motion picture/television lighting industries. The LibertyPak Company Inc. utilizing Lithium-ion batteries and the LibertyPak technology, the Predecessor Company produced the first LibertyPak’s in the form of “PowerBelts”. The LP Belt provided a DC (direct current) energy storage solution that became the first efficient, lightweight, highly retentive portable power source used in the camera and motion picture/television lighting industries.
During its research and development state, the PowerBelts were tested by some of the top technicians, manufacturers, operators and rental houses involved in the camera and motion picture/television lighting industries. The first PowerBelts were sold and put into operation in November 2002. Today, the PowerBelts are recognized as the most reliable and best performing portable power source for the camera and motion picture/television lighting industries.
In 2008, Stu Lennox designed a “little green generator” which provided both a DC and AC (alternating current) energy storage solution for a number of industries including the camera and motion picture/television lighting industries. Also called the LG400, the “little green generator” ultimately became known as the “Little Genny”. As was the case with the PowerBelts, the Little Genny was produced utilizing Cells and the LibertyPak technology. However, in the case of the Little Genny, the number of Cells used was greater and the arrangement of Cells was more complex.
During its R & D State, the Little Genny proved to be capable of powering the most demanding equipment. The first Little Genny was sold in 2008. Today, the Little Genny and its companion, the Big Genny, are the only portable power sources that can effectively and efficiently run the sophisticated cameras and lighting equipment currently found in the camera and motion picture/television lighting industries.
With the success of the PowerBelts and the Little/Big Gennys in place, Stu Lennox decided to expand the operations of the LibertyPak Company, seeking a capital source and complementary operating team for purposes not only (1) of positioning the PowerBelts and the Little/Big Gennys aggressively in the market place for all applicable uses (not just for uses in the camera and motion picture/television lighting industries.) but also (2) of enabling the design, development, and marketing of new LibertyPak Products for use in markets and systems requiring distributable energy storage. Along the way, Lennox joined forces with the right management team (who became the “Company”) and with their input designed, produced and developed two (2) additional LibertyPak Products, the Optimized Energy Storage products known as the OES1 and OES2.
The result: effective as of February 1, 2010, Lennox and the Predecessor Corporation through various assignments transferred to the Company the LibertyPak Technology, the LibertyPak Intellectual Property and all rights to all versions of the PowerBelts, the Little Genny, the Big Genny, the OES1 and the OES 2. The Company, in turn, commenced producing LibertyPak Products and LibertyBrick Products through its two (2) operating Divisions.
OES Optimized Energy Storage
Catherine Von Burg
Catherine Von Burg
President & CEO
Catherine has extensive experience in both the nonprofit and for profit sectors with an emphasis in Biomedical Research, Environmental Conservation and Health and Human Services.Areas of expertise include Strategic Planning, Project Development & Administration, Budget Management & Analyses, Multidisciplinary Team Building Across Agencies & Fields, Grant Writing & Philanthropic Initiatives, Public Education Campaigns, Research and Evaluation, Position Papers & Policy Development. Catherine holds a B.A. degree in Psychology & Physiology from Columbia University in New York and a Masters degree from the School of Social Policy, University of Pennsylvania. She has conducted and published research, managed and collaborated with national organizations, and spearheaded innovative program, policy and business driven initiatives with organizations such as The Pew Charitable Trusts, The Rockefeller Institute, Wilderness Education Association, and the First 5 Commission.
Bill founded Winstead Sechrest & Minick, a leading Texas-based law firm employing 300 plus attorneys. In addition to his 40 years practicing law, Bill has advised a number of clients, serving as a legal and business consultant in a wide range of disciplines. He also serves on the Board of The Men’s Wearhouse, Inc., as lead director (listed on NYSE) and on the Board of the OES Community Bank, which he founded with six other individuals. Bill is also chairman of the Institute of Noetic Sciences. Bill holds a B.A. degree in Economics from Stanford, and a JD from Southern Methodist University. He is a member of the Texas Bar, and also a member of the American Bar Association and the American College of Real Estate Lawyers.
Stuart is the creator of the LibertyPak and OES Optimized Energy Storage core technology and suite of products. The genius behind his innovation comes from the intelligent management boards, circuitry, cell configurations and lithium ferrous phosphate chemistry that he has pioneered, developed, integrated and perfected over the past nine years. In 2002, Stuart formed the company LibertyPak, to design, produce and sell a line of portable energy storage and management devices for the camera and motion picture/television and lighting industries. With his extensive movie industry experience, Stuart recognized the growing need in the industry for portable clean power for new production and post-production operations, optimizing and complimenting digital equipment advances, media deliverables (satellite up linking) and communication needs. His technological vision has paved the way for industry partnerships with Kino Flo and ARRI Lighting, and movie studios such as Fox and Warner Bros. for reliable and durable power. In 2009, Stu’s vision expanded to include energy storage and management systems for residential and commercial applications in which renewable energy could be seamlessly integrated in conjunction with or independent of the grid. Together, the two product lines Stuart created provide the most efficient, energy dense, lightweight, non-toxic, intelligent and long lasting energy storage and management systems available in the global market today.